Future releases, will it include the MAC?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Future releases, will it include the MAC?

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

Hi.

I just finished installing my MAC os, and I am wondering if you will be offering a MAC version of SOWgb?

Thanks...
norb
Reactions:

Re: Future releases, will it include the MAC?

Post by norb »

Highly unlikely.
Taiaha
Reactions:

Re:Future releases, will it include the MAC?

Post by Taiaha »

I completely understand the reasons for not doing this for SOWGB. Creating multiplatform games is highly resource-intensive for developers and may well be beyond the scope of a team made up mainly of volunteers working on a game that most of recognize is a niche game--however much we love inhabiting that niche!

Still, it is food for thought, that if we hope in the future to recruit new generations into that niche, we're witnessing something of a sea change in PC ownership. In the college classes I teach, over the last five years I've seen the percentage of students with Mac laptops increase dramatically. This last year, in fact, Macs constituted fully 90% of the laptops used by my students. That teenage ownership of course is going to translate into Mac ownership when they get older. However it still sucks to be a gamer and own a Mac. . .unless you adopt the approach of my Mac-owning students who like games: play consoles.
norb
Reactions:

Re:Future releases, will it include the MAC?

Post by norb »

Thanks for the feedback. It's just too much for us to take on at this point. But I agree with your assessment.