Jenkins Ferry Final Map for Red River Pack Pics!

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

Jenkins Ferry Final Map for Red River Pack Pics!

Post by 2nd Texas Infantry »

Well spent most of my 4 day weekend working on Jenkins Ferry, the last map of 4 maps for the Red River Campaign. This map is still a work in progress and I need to tie up loose ends for all the others before the Campaign pack is released. New maps, flags, and more. NSD has pledged full attention to this project since Antietam has been finished. Probably about a month and a half before it is released. So hold tight guys.
Chris G.
Reactions:

Re: Jenkins Ferry Final Map for Red River Pack Pics!

Post by Chris G. »

2TX...your stuff gets better every time i see it. excellent, as always bro.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Wow 2nd Texas Infantry ,

Looks real good .................. The sky looks cool B) !!!!!!

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

Very very nice 2nd Tx .... but then again they always are!!

I'm working on some OOB's at the moment that might be of interest :whistle: - Jenkins Ferry and Yellow Bayou are my prioity at the moment though (finished Co. level Brandy Station over christmas..phew!:blink:)

Oh and I've purchased your colleague's book written about this campaign....I read a review over Christmas it looks excellent. Can't wait for it to be delivered - It's coming from your side of the pond.

regards

Zeke
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Terrific work once again, 2nd_Tx. The new sky looks great too. B)
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

WOW WOW!!!!! I was hoping you would do Jenkins Ferry been there several times. I think you captured the Battlefield well!!!!!! Great Job Bro, I live about a Hour from there. The Trees are great are they your work or another mod? Just would love to test it if you need some help once again Great Job.... Here is a link to a New Book on the battle thought you might enjoy it. The author grew up near the battlefield...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harvest-o ... 9170703354
Last edited by Cleaburn on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

WOW WOW!!!!! I was hoping you would do Jenkins Ferry been there several times. I think you captured the Battlefield well!!!!!! Great Job Bro, I live about a Hour from there. The Trees are great are they your work or another mod? Just would love to test it if you need some help once again Great Job.... Here is a link to a New Book on the battle thought you might enjoy it. The author grew up near the battlefield...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harvest-o ... 9170703354
I have been to the battlefield, most of it is in private hands and not accesible to the public. That was 20 years ago. The Trees are all mine on this map, with some of the hay or brown stubble from TC2M. All four maps will feature some 3 dozen new trees, a few modded variants from Jolly's trees from this game and TC2M. Also several different crops and grasses made by me or Davinci. Also retextured objects by myself or Crikey and new terrain ground textures by Davnci and myself.
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

Some of us have been back in the area where the actual fight took place....
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

2ndTexas – I can’t really decide which I like better, the new trees, the sky effects, or the way that you constructed the pontoon bridge.

Nice going with the logs leading up to it!

What is this number four, just two more and you have yourself a Texas-Six-Pack .

Quite Amazing!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
2nd Texas Infantry
Reactions:

More pictures, about 95% complete with terrain features. Let me know what yall think. Oh and a map pic
of Phase 1 of the battle 8:30am - 10:00 am.