Smoke mod

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Smoke mod

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

I edited TheBaymonster's fine realistic smoke mod and made a light version which does not have so much smoke. I was wondering if I could post it here as long as I don't take credit as I did not really do anything except change the numbers around. I was not sure about the forum rules about mods and I can't seem to get a hold of Thebaymonster. Either way I am cool with the answer, just think it looks great now after a few edits and wanted to share it. :)
gbs
Reactions:

Re: Smoke mod

Post by gbs »

Where is it? I'd like to try.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I would say if he doesn't respond by the end of the day, go ahead and post it. Usually the general rule with mods is they are pretty much open to anyone to edit, re-post, or do whatever they want with them, as long as they give credit where it is due.
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

Ok here is TheBaymonster's smoke mod edited for a light version. All credit goes to him, as I just tinkered with the files ;) :) Download the original Realistic smoke mod, then overwrite the file in the logistics folder ( inside the realistic smoke mod folder) with the file below to try. Always backup your files. :cheer:

The attachment efx.csv is no longer available
Attachments

[The extension csv has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Stevedrumsdw on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

A screen showing my desired effect which is to have white out conditions down on the battlefield but a more lucid view from up above.
Last edited by Stevedrumsdw on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

View from above in the same area in the battle.
Last edited by Stevedrumsdw on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

A major engagement :) still gets pretty smokey, but only when there are a lot of units in a small area. The smoke will still become thick, but will dissipate quicker than the original mod never completely obscuring your view unless you are close to being on the battlefield level.
Last edited by Stevedrumsdw on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grammar.
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

Massed confederate artillery.
Stevedrumsdw
Reactions:

Post by Stevedrumsdw »

A nice shot of smoke in the distance.
Last edited by Stevedrumsdw on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Looks very cool. :)

I'm going to do a few updates to the released mods topic today and I'll make sure and include this.