Update on the Next Patch

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
norb
Reactions:

Update on the Next Patch

Post by norb »

[article=link]166[/article]
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Re: Update on the Next Patch

Post by Michael Slaunwhite »

I just read this, and already shared it... :)
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Yeah, I posted it as a forum item then figured I'd make it a news item since we haven't posted anything recently.

Replay was a complete pain in the butt! For months I was the only one that could use it without crashing and we could not figure out why. We tried everything. No success. We just sat on it, hoping for divine inspiration. Jim finally got sick of that and attacked it with a vengeance. Then the divine inspiration happened and I got his ini file and used that. Seems I was the only one that didn't have autosave enabled and that was causing a crash during replay. It's always the simple solutions duh!
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

Yeah, I posted it as a forum item then figured I'd make it a news item since we haven't posted anything recently.

Replay was a complete pain in the butt! For months I was the only one that could use it without crashing and we could not figure out why. We tried everything. No success. We just sat on it, hoping for divine inspiration. Jim finally got sick of that and attacked it with a vengeance. Then the divine inspiration happened and I got his ini file and used that. Seems I was the only one that didn't have autosave enabled and that was causing a crash during replay. It's always the simple solutions duh!
Oh I bet, that wouldn't be something small to get working. Will you be able to post this as an AAR video of some sort? What I mean is will it export out as something that can be uploaded, and shared just by uploading it to this forum?

Will there be an external player to play the AAR's? Would it be possible for folks to play the uploaded AAR's via a built in website player (java, etc)?

Oh, also I just passed the info out on all the BBS's. I know some people out there will be looking forward to the next patch as well.

:)
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri May 18, 2012 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

@mike, it would be a file like a savegame, that you can watch in game by loading it. It would record the orders given, and then run the game executing those same orders.

It wouldn't be a video file directly, though of course you could watch it game and take video of it then.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

@mike, it would be a file like a savegame, that you can watch in game by loading it. It would record the orders given, and then run the game executing those same orders.

It wouldn't be a video file directly, though of course you could watch it game and take video of it then.
Okay I see what your saying Garnier.

So it would be similar to the modifications menu where you can load up a replay that you, or someone else has made.

Do you know if there will be an option to jump in at any point in the replay to play the rest of the game?

Thanks Garnier.
Last edited by Michael Slaunwhite on Fri May 18, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Do you know if there will be an option to jump in at any point in the replay to play the rest of the game?
I highly doubt that would be practical, but it's quite possible there would be a speed-up button like in singleplayer so you can watch the replay faster.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
Michael Slaunwhite
Reactions:

I highly doubt that would be practical, but it's quite possible there would be a speed-up button like in singleplayer so you can watch the replay faster.
Okay thanks Garnier, this sounds great! Good way to share AAR's.

:)
Grim.Reaper
Reactions:

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Are we close yet:)

Are we talking days, weeks, months away for release?

Looking forward to it.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Grim.Reaper - I would say months. We are close, but right now we are in serious test mode for the patch... It will be released just prior to the next expansion, which is still a ways away.