GCM singleplayer won't work.

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
Pielord92
Reactions:

GCM singleplayer won't work.

Post by Pielord92 »

I keep trying to record a battle on GCM and it keeps saying it can't communicate with the GCM server. I have the latest update of GCM and patch 1.5.
Garnier
Reactions:

Re: GCM singleplayer won't work.

Post by Garnier »

When it says that, often it means I am in the process of updating something, or the server is restarting and it will work again in a little while.

Try now.

Or, if it still isn't working, is this a battle you fought several days ago, but haven't tried to record til now? You need to record battles immediately after fighting them. If you wait too long it won't be able to record it anymore for various reasons.
Last edited by Garnier on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Scourge of War Multiplayer! www.sowmp.com
Also try the singleplayer carryover campaign
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Yeah, I was coming to report the same thing. Happened to me last night. After the battle records, and it tries to save the .csv file, the 'cannot communicate with the server' error pops up.

I'd hate to lose my beloved division. They are all regulars or veterans now.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

Gary, is it possible this is a battle that you created several days ago, and just fought or tried to record yesterday? Battles have to be fought and recorded soon after they are created. If it's consistently failing to record, click to skip that battle.
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Or, if it still isn't working, is this a battle you fought several days ago, but haven't tried to record til now? You need to record battles immediately after fighting them. If you wait too long it won't be able to record it anymore for various reasons.
If I received a GCM scenario, played half of it, and finished a couple weeks later (was camping), would that cause this error? I recorded the results immediately after finishing the battle last night. But the scenario was created a couple weeks ago.
Sorry. I suffer from a serious case of typosis. Don't worry, it's not contagious :)
garyknowz
Reactions:

Post by garyknowz »

Gary, is it possible this is a battle that you created several days ago, and just fought or tried to record yesterday? Battles have to be fought and recorded soon after they are created. If it's consistently failing to record, click to skip that battle.
Okay. I'll try again. Shame, I kicked butt this battle. 4300 casualties to my 500. Fredericksburg! Fredericksburg! Fredericksburg!
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

If I received a GCM scenario, played half of it, and finished a couple weeks later (was camping), would that cause this error? I recorded the results immediately after finishing the battle last night. But the scenario was created a couple weeks ago.
Good point, SP battles should let you save and record the battle later. I'll fix this so for SP campaigns you won't need to record immediately, so it doesn't happen like this again. Too late for these battles though.
Pielord92
Reactions:

Post by Pielord92 »

This is quite a shame. It's the first time my union division and the AI were able to acheive any real success in battle.
Gerry
Reactions:

Post by Gerry »

Please help me. I have, through a series of dumb mistakes, entered an endless loop of some kind. I cannot log on to GCM. It will not recognize my latest name and password: Gerry Leb. I have tried multiple browsers, I have erased and reloaded GCM launcher innumerable times. I really would like to play the GCM single player campaign as designed. Is there anyone out there who can help me? I keep getting the message about the server being down. I must be in some sort of GCM heck.

I realize I must be in the lowest percentile of you amazing computer users but please help me I cant help it if I am a dmfk.

Best regards!
Last edited by Garnier on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
o/
Garnier
Reactions:

Post by Garnier »

You could try registering a new account.

Where do you get a message about the server being down?