help with Brickyard lane scenario

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
mantrain
Reactions:

help with Brickyard lane scenario

Post by mantrain »

Hello, I did a search for this scenario, and surprisingly I do not see it coming up in the forums.
Has anyone played this senario? I am not sure how to get a victory. At end of scenario I have one brigade that survives, but I still suffer a major defeat, even though I occupy the objective. Also there are two brigades that the scenarion info says are included under my command, but from the beginning they show as "captured." This is an outrage! :ohmy:
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: help with Brickyard lane scenario

Post by RebBugler »

In the search select 'any date'. The default is one year, and this topic is OLD.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
mantrain
Reactions:

Post by mantrain »

thanks but I only see my/this post when I search all dates.
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

Try searching on scenario number. I'm not at PC so can't check. People use all sorts of descriptions in their post headings.

HTH
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

There may not be a help topic on this one. At least I don't recall there being one.

I haven't played this scenario in a while but if I recall correctly, it's all about keeping your men at the stone walls the whole time so you get that defense bonus.
Last edited by Little Powell on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

... if I recall correctly, it's all about keeping your men at the stone walls the whole time so you get that defense bonus.
LP is exactly correct. Keep the men at the stonewall. My MV for this was a solid 4000+.

The Mad One
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
mantrain
Reactions:

Post by mantrain »

I do not know how to keep the brigade commanders from practicing artificial stupidity. I order the brigades behind the stone walls, and to points of defensive advantage, but as soon as the enemy approaches, the brigades, to their peril, take flight from their superior position and defensive advantage and advance to meet the approaching enemy. Seriously, this is ridiculous. Had brigades actually behaved this way historically would have been a testament to complete incompetency and lack of training. But this happens whole-sale in this scenario and I am not sure how to stop it.
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

I do not know how to keep the brigade commanders from practicing artificial stupidity. I order the brigades behind the stone walls, and to points of defensive advantage, but as soon as the enemy approaches, the brigades, to their peril, take flight from their superior position and defensive advantage and advance to meet the approaching enemy. Seriously, this is ridiculous. Had brigades actually behaved this way historically would have been a testament to complete incompetency and lack of training. But this happens whole-sale in this scenario and I am not sure how to stop it.
mantrain - are your Brigade Commanders TC'd? You must TC them to prevent this from happening.

The Mad One
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
mantrain
Reactions:

Post by mantrain »

I do not always TC them bc I thought the AI was intelligent, and not stupid.
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

It has some foibles or lacunae :ohmy:

Regiments not using breastworks is one of my bugbears. I think improving this aspect of the AI is on an NSD wishlist.