R.I.P. John Bonin

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
norb
Reactions:

R.I.P. John Bonin

Post by norb »

[article=link]172[/article]Image
Last edited by norb on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: R.I.P. John Bonin

Post by Davinci »

Well.....Damn.....I recently talked to him for several hours, but this is a real SHOCKER!

He will be missed!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We were all taken completely off guard. We have emails from the day before he died discussing map issues and what he was working on next. He was working with most of the guys on some sort of project.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

He was a gifted map designer and artist and a good friend. I'm really going to miss him.

Thanks Norb.
RDBoles
Reactions:

R.I.P. John Bonin

Post by RDBoles »

He will certainly be missed. His work will live on as long as there is anyone who will hear the distant sound of a trumpet, and slow rumble of musket fire. His maps are a work of art. He set a standard that is very high and one worthy of striving for. May the Comforter be with his family and loved ones.
Move Forward
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

John was my Texas bud, we talked often on Skype and were in constant touch building our War in the West along with our official SOW duties and assignments. We had so many plans for the future in bringing those western battles to SOW. Many were near completion and have already been announced but were delayed by official SOW productions, and will be coming soon after they are provided extra content and tested to SOW standards, that we know John would appreciate. But we had so many more planned outside the SOW production radar and had future plans to tour the Trans Mississippi battlegrounds together to get the true feel of The Ground...I'm devastated with the loss of my Texas comrade and friend, John Bonin.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
louie raider
Reactions:

Post by louie raider »

John was a fellow map-modder and one of the best. He raised the bar on the maps and was a pleasure to work with. He always apologized for the amount of map objects he asked of me; I was always worried the quality wouldn't match the terrain upon which they were placed. I was looking forward to perhaps someday meeting him and going over topography; somewhere out West. I'll miss you TJ.
this space for rent
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

I'm sickened to see such a generous and talented man leave us way before he should. He was a true artist who was never afraid to share his work and knowledge, offer encouragement or put in the hard graft his brilliant maps required. He knew his stuff.

I'll miss working with him and his e-mails full of excitement at his latest work or piss and vinegar because his terrain textures were driving him mad.

John, you'll be truly missed.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Norb , that was a very nice gesture to place a lot of his work on the FB Page, a lot of his work is truly outstanding, most of which I have never seen before.

It's sort of sad to know that he will not be around to see the release of any of the maps that he created!

But, he did leave a mark, in more ways than one!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Mazikainen
Reactions:

R.I.P. John Bonin

Post by Mazikainen »

:(