mini map size

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
MuleSkinner
Reactions:

mini map size

Post by MuleSkinner »

Can someone give me a clue on how to increase the size of the Gettysburg mini maps. I have seen mods where the maps have been increased in size. My eyes are starting to have trouble making out all the details on the smaller maps. Thanks in advance.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: mini map size

Post by RebBugler »

Hopefully someone with or having knowledge of those mods will chime in. If I remember right they required specific monitor resolutions to work correctly which made them not universally compatible, or very popular.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: mini map size

Post by Davinci »

Adding To what "Reb" said above:

It requires a bit of Modding to get the Mini-Map to work properly in the Game.

Basically - it is a sort of "Cut-Out" of a 570x570 Map - that is applied onto a 1024x1024 dds sheet.

So this part would require some type of Program such as - Photoshop, Gimp, Gimp2, or PaintNet - to edit the Graphics files.

It might also require you to edit the following files:
PopUp_Map.dds
PopUp_Command_Map.dds

Also - there is a "gscreens.csv" file that would have to be edited that goes into the "Logistics" folder.

The "gscreens.csv" file defines the Map-Size - and also tells the game where to draw the map icons.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!