Marengo and Lodi soon

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
remus
Reactions:

Marengo and Lodi soon

Post by remus »

Hi all
Just a sample of screenshots of a series I am working on. I have almost completed work on two OOBs from Napoleon's Campaigns in Italy. I hope to release the OOBs around about the same time for the Battle of Lodi 1796 and Marengo 1800. The Austrian screenshots show some of the troops of 1796 especially their helmets.The french are in bicornes and the light cavalry are based on what I have managed to glean from research that I have engaged in. Your welcome to comment on anything that you might disagree with.

remus
Last edited by remus on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: links expired
Chichetr
Reactions:

Re: Marengo and Lodi soon

Post by Chichetr »

Hey Remus!

Any update here?!?!
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Chichetr

I have been doing some play testing with both OOBs and both work quite well. A couple of issues with the some of the cavalry death animations I need to adjust. The Lodi OOB is a little bit harder to tie down in accuracy as it was a part of a dynamic campaign by Napoleon and although there are details on the internet they tend to vary. I’ve been playing with the idea of releasing Marengo as it is almost ready and working on a separate 1796 Montenotte campaign which would include the Lodi battle but would include the Sardinian army as well. There is more information on the total amount of troops.available.

If I can finish Marengo the way I want it to be it won’t take long and I think I will do what I suggested above. I’m on a Christmas break at the moment and working on finishing hopefully by the end of December. Thank you for your interest

remus
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Thanks so much for the update Remus! Can't wait to see the finished product!!!!
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi all

Just an update to say that the holidays have interfered a little with the completion of the mod. Still a few things I need to do, just getting the time is the problem. Wrestling a little with some issues but fairly near to completion.

Remus
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi all
Just another update to let you know the progress of the mod. The mod is basically finished except for redoing
some of the cavalry sprites in particular the new chasseurs cheval which are a bit jittery when running. I have spent a lot of time play testing and most of the time it works fine.

I also have included another OOB which is the Battle of Hohenlinden 1800 which is a battle that took place before Marengo. So altogether there are three Battles, Lodi 1796 which is a Corps sized battle, Marengo which is a reasonable two Corps sized Battle with the Austrians having the advantage in numbers and Hohenlinden which is an army sized Battle.

It shouldn't take too long but I want to make sure any bugs are eliminated. Also I want to see that it works in multiplayer and all being well I will be able to release it.In the meantime I have posted below a video that will show some of the units that are part of the mod. No action is recorded. It might be a little amateurish as it is the first time I have used an app to record a game.It is a bit large and takes some time to download so give it some thought as to whether it might be useful to you.

Enjoy remus

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ricfbpdt ... 5.mp4/file
Last edited by remus on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: additional info
Asid
Reactions:

Post by Asid »

Hi Remus

I downloaded and watched the video. I am looking forward to playing your mod.

Thank you for your hard work and effort.

Regards
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Es1u0o.jpg[/img]
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Asid
Thanks for your comments. I have gained much enjoyment from working on the mod especially in this particular period and hope that you will enjoy it too.

remus