Map Making - Fences

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Davinci
Reactions:

Map Making - Fences

Post by Davinci »

Question - Did any of you Map-Makers know that you can Select-Multiple-Fences and turn them left and right by using the "Delete" and the "Page Down" buttons on the Keyboard?

I didn't, I stumbled on this today while placing down fences, and it really does speed up the process.

Now, I'm wondering how many other keys does something that I not aware of after all of these years.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
MarkT
Reactions:

Re: Map Making - Fences

Post by MarkT »

Yep, stumbled on that (luckily) in the beginning.
As far as speeding up, yes, but can also be sloppy.
I have left extra fences on the maps by accident.

Also the use od the [ctrl] key to quicken scrolling.
Mark S. Tewes
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

MarkT - On one of your Maps all of the fences were double-stacked, so the Question is how exactly does that happen?

Are you using some type of Copy and Paste?

Those two-keys are extremely helpful, I placed down twenty-nine thousand worm fences in a little under a week, but they go a lot faster than the rail fences which are very slow.

The rail-fences have to be placed down one at a time and then aligned manually to look right!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

One of the nifty tricks Eric (LouiRaider) showed me when he was teaching me map making. It's a wrist saving technique for sure. :laugh:

Eric, may he rest in peace.. I'm really tired of losing friends and family to the big C..
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

One of the nifty tricks Eric (LouiRaider) showed me when he was teaching me map making. It's a wrist saving technique for sure. :laugh:

Eric, may he rest in peace.. I'm really tired of losing friends and family to the big C..
What??? I wasn't aware. Great guy with tremendous artistic talents. So glad I had the opportunity to work with and meet him during that last Team meeting at Gettysburg.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Sad to hear about Eric... I fondly remember he and I touring Gettysburg and Antietam. 2018, bad year I guess. I am Soooo lucky.
Mark S. Tewes