Mod Les Cent Jours - download link

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: Mod Les Cent Jours - download link

Post by mitra76 »

the stance triggered is partially random partillay related to the characteristic, but the hold to last is very rare if not impossible if the style characteristic is not very low. I wonder if is not another side effect of mods conflicts.

Historically the french lost Souffelweisheim because of order to move to the bridge just before the allied river crossing but they managed to block the wurttemberg troops just outside the south border of town because Fririon delayed the order execution. Defend the river can be very advantageous but here you're also nearest to the enemy guns and far from your grand batteries behind and the enemy has many more troops, so be ready to an elastic defense is the best strategy I think.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The Germanic muskets now fire back playing this mod with the Grog Toolbar plus all formations should function properly. I had a new version of the Grog Toolbar ready to publish so adapted it to this mod. It features larger text (fonts) throughout, mainscreens and ingame, meant for higher resolution displays. Please consider this a test version as I'm sure DarkRob and others will find some issues. I'll update the Grog Toolbar thread with this upgrade after issues have been addressed.

Updated 7/13/2019
Grog Toolbar

The Grog Toolbar MUST be prioritized below Mod Les Cent Jours in the Modifications section or issues will occur.

A tough Victory, scenario 02...
The attachment Victory.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Victory.jpg
Victory.jpg (386.07 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

You're amazing Reb. I can't wait to check it out. I'm get on it tonight as soon as I get home from work. So even the German sides formations work now?
RALB
Reactions:

Post by RALB »

Awsome
RALB
Reactions:

Post by RALB »

Well things went a little belly up. The new Mod played well and I've been having a lot of fun, the odd minor bug but nothing that would distract from the enjoyment. However I just fancied fighting St. Armand and well over half my buildings have gone and it's the same with every stock scenario. I tried disabling the Mod but to no avail. I removed the Mod and the new Grog Toolbar but still the same. Any ideas would be appreciated
Last edited by RALB on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Well things went a little belly up. The new Mod played well and I've been having a lot of fun, the odd minor bug but nothing that would distract from the enjoyment. However I just fancied fighting St. Armand and well over half my buildings have gone and it's the same with every stock scenario. I tried disabling the Mod but to no avail. I removed the Mod and the new Grog Toolbar but still the same. Any ideas would be appreciated
In Options, p 2, did you change the level of 'Show Map Objects'? Best is best...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

So I only had time to play for a little while tonight. I tried out the Hessian Brigade scenario with the new Grog toolbar. It played great and I have no issues to report at this time. Tried out all the formations, they worked like they are supposed to. No crashes happened.

Also, it was a fun scenario. Taking the French guns across the river was costly. But once done, the French troops did not stand up well to the Hessian bayonets(Level 8 troop quality??? Were the Hessians really that good?)

I also booted up all the other scenarios and just made sure movement and formations were working properly. Again, everything seemed to work right.

The 2 hour French corps scenario is the only one where both sides start out in close contact. I booted it up and just put both sides on AI control and watched them slug it out for a bit. Both sides gave as good as they got. The Austrians now shoot back. Makes a big difference haha.

I also booted up St. Armand to see if I had RALB's issue of buildings not being there. Everything looked right for me, and all the terrain and buildings looked like it should.

This was just some opening testing and is by no means the final word on anything. But so far Id say its looking good. Now armed with my Grog toolbar I can once again march boldly into battle.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The Grog Toolbar download on Post #22 has been updated to include the Austrian formations featured with Mod Les Cent Jours. I delayed their addition to fit other things in place first, primarily getting the new Germanic sprites recognized and functioning correctly within the Grog Toolbar environment - unitpack, unitmodel and unitglobal. As far as my testing went, they appear to be functioning properly.

The Austrian square formation is indeed unique...Check it out in Sandbox. The Division I tested was Feldmarschall-Lieutenant Joseph Friedrich Freiherr Palombini...Huge Battalions!
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

But once done, the French troops did not stand up well to the Hessian bayonets(Level 8 troop quality??? Were the Hessians really that good?)
The units level 8 you see are guard units category, the hessians have 4 battalions of this level in this battle.

we wait a new gameplay video, Rob :)
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

The units level 8 you see are guard units category, the hessians have 4 battalions of this level in this battle.

we wait a new gameplay video, Rob :)
I love me some guard units. They were so good in melee's. I'm going to put up a video of the Hessian brigade scenario next. But probably a new playthrough of it. While I still won the one I played last night, it was kind of sloppy gameplay by me in taking the French guns across the river. I probably could have found a better way to do it without taking so many losses from French canister. I was lucky that 2nd town was worth 1000 points. I really needed them at the end. But once I took the guns the Hessian troops were really impressive against the French in hand to hand combat.

I also looked at the rest of the scenarios. One of the things I really like is how much strategic movement there seems to be. It's not like say Waterloo where both armies are basically lined up and ready to go. Here you have the road network and the town's to think about. Strategy, approach, timing and coordinating your forces will matter alot more. Those full battle scenarios are going to require some thought.

All in all this looks like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it.