Mod Les Cent Jours - download link

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
mitra76
Reactions:

Mod Les Cent Jours - download link

Post by mitra76 »

version 1.0 include

Battle map of Le Souffel Battle (28 June 1815)
New units for Hessian, Austrian and Wurttemberg armies of 1815
Souffel battle oob (French Armee du Rhin against III Corps of Armee vom OberRhein
5 battle scenarios
Sandbox oob mixing original standard campaign OOB with the Souffel battle units.
New formation: BattalionMasse

mod team: Gunship24, Biondo, Mitra
Last edited by mitra76 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Mod Les Cent Jours - download link

Post by DarkRob »

You guys are awesome. 4 years into the game's life and you're still putting out new content. Props to everyone who helped make this happen.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

So just a few minutes of quick testing so far. First thing I notice is we will probably need a new grog toolbar update. I noticed some of the formation buttons seem to be mixed up with the formations themselves. For instance, column by division(the most compact interval)now makes units march in marching columns. This happens for both the close order column by division as well as the medium one. The most open order formation still works, and if you select it first and then the medium one, it will work to. But close order is always a marching column.

Also selecting double line hold form instantly causes the game to crash. I dont actually remember there being a double line hold form the last time I played in the grog toolbar, but admittedly, I havent really played in the last 6 months or so.

Nothing big. These sorts of things always happen to the Grog toolbar whenever something new is released. Rebs usually on top of it pretty quickly.

EDIT: A couple of more things, Marching column seems to be the new default movement, but as far as I know, column by division is supposed to be the default movement for the grog toolbar. Also regular line hold form also causes the game to crash, as well as the column formation once you select one of three spacing intervals causes the game to crash. Pretty much Id say the whole formations aspect of the grog toolbar needs to be re-tuned for this.
Last edited by DarkRob on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Hi Rob

Consider this mod added things in some of logistics file used also by grogtoolbar so is possible the two mods enter in conflict if used together
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Hi Rob

Consider this mod added things in some of logistics file used also by grogtoolbar so is possible the two mods enter in conflict if used together
I figured it was something along those lines. I have absolute faith in Reb's ability to sort it out.

Reb maybe it could be a special Les Cent Jours version of the toolbar? If changing the Grog toolbar to work with Les Cent Jours would affect how it works with the standard game?
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

we keeped the mod more similar possible to the original game exactly for permit the various mods to use it if they want, but also only the new armies requested some changes in the logistics files.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

we keeped the mod more similar possible to the original game exactly for permit the various mods to use it if they want, but also only the new armies requested some changes in the logistics files.
Oh thats interesting. So maybe its only the Austrian side? I was testing using the Hessian brigade scenario. Ill try a French scenario and see if they work normally.
Last edited by DarkRob on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Confirmed. French side working normally. Just the Austrians are messed up.

Also it occurs to me maybe my posts should be moved to the Grog toolbar thread. Im kind of derailing the point of this topic which is the release of Les Cent Jours, not some minor grog toolbar hiccups.
Last edited by DarkRob on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

So just a few minutes of quick testing so far. First thing I notice is we will probably need a new grog toolbar update. I noticed some of the formation buttons seem to be mixed up with the formations themselves. For instance, column by division(the most compact interval)now makes units march in marching columns. This happens for both the close order column by division as well as the medium one. The most open order formation still works, and if you select it first and then the medium one, it will work to. But close order is always a marching column.

Also selecting double line hold form instantly causes the game to crash. I dont actually remember there being a double line hold form the last time I played in the grog toolbar, but admittedly, I havent really played in the last 6 months or so.

Nothing big. These sorts of things always happen to the Grog toolbar whenever something new is released. Rebs usually on top of it pretty quickly.

EDIT: A couple of more things, Marching column seems to be the new default movement, but as far as I know, column by division is supposed to be the default movement for the grog toolbar. Also regular line hold form also causes the game to crash, as well as the column formation once you select one of three spacing intervals causes the game to crash. Pretty much Id say the whole formations aspect of the grog toolbar needs to be re-tuned for this.
Just gave this mod a quick run and can report that this mod is not compatible with the Grog Toolbar. If it was just a matter of adding some formations or functions I probably could comply, but at first glance it's far more than that, starting with the default movement function and continuing with multiple unitglobal clashes.

Aside from that, very nice mod guys. :)

Edit: Updated Grog Toolbar now compatible
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Just gave this mod a quick run and can report that this mod is not compatible with the Grog Toolbar. If it was just a matter of adding some formations or functions I probably could comply, but at first glance it's far more than that, starting with the default movement function and continuing with multiple unitglobal clashes.

Aside from that, very nice mod guys. :)
Oh well. At least it works for the French side. I can probably get by as the Austrian so long as I remember not to hit the formations that make the game crash.