Subscribing to threads

Got problems with the site. An idea on how to make it better. This is the place to discuss it.
chantilly
Reactions:

Subscribing to threads

Post by chantilly »

I noticed that when I respond on a thread, the little subscribe box is checked = defaulting to personal notifications. Is there a way to change this, or do I have to uncheck each of my posts ? Sorry if a silly question, I actually did check my profile and User profile to see if there was an option.
ADukes
Reactions:

Re:Subscribing to threads

Post by ADukes »

Hm can't find anything, so I guess the answer is yes you have to uncheck it on each post.

The board options are very limited and I miss many of the phpbb functionalities.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I don't get that box. I wonder what it is. I'll look into it and see if I can't turn it off by default. Thanks.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Found something in the fireboard settings. Looks promising. Hopefully it works.
chantilly
Reactions:

Post by chantilly »

Looks like you did something Norb, the subscribe box below my text box is now un-checked by default. Thanks.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Cool, glad I could be of help.
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

If we're on the topic of functions on this site, what is the point of the two hands beside each post, one thumb up, and another down. And what does the Karma thing do?
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
chantilly
Reactions:

Post by chantilly »

I think it's a way of grading posts - if you like it, give it a thumbs up; if you don't like it, a thumbs down. You can only grade one post every 8 hours, I guess to keep folks from bombing someone into submission. I gave you your first thumbs up Maine-iac !
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I could get rid of it, I think it's an option I saw when I was checking out the fireboard options. I thinks it's just a vote and display. I don't think it does any more than display the number. So others can raise of lower your karma if they want to. I guess it's a way to point out the trolls on a forum.
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

chantilly wrote:
\ I gave you your first thumbs up Maine-iac !
Now ain't the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me!:laugh: . Thanks anyway Chantilly, and so the higher karma, the better?
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.