Gettysburg 3Days in 7Hours

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
richfed
Reactions:

Re: Gettysburg 3Days in 7Hours

Post by richfed »

Thank you kindly!
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

I'm still using the pre 1.6 version and the 3days in 7 hours before the last update. Is there a way to change the settings so that the buildings will show? I have enjoyed this mod above all and thank you for your work.
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Much appreciated!

Buildings are all visible. It's on your end, check 'Options' and make sure 'display of objects' is on BEST.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

Thank you
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
Hotze
Reactions:

Post by Hotze »

What's the difference between SR7 and SR10 Union scenarios?
(English is not my first language so sorry for upcoming mistakes)
Anyway, they both not working way they should:
1) In SR10 thing's goes well 1st day, then comes the message saying that 2nd day started, so fight goes on, forces keep arriving, then there was a lull started from 12:00 and nothing happens. No message about 3d day, neither Longstreet ang Sedgwick is coming on the field, nobody moves on the confederate side and Sickles and Sykes's corps is blocked.
2) In SR7 scenario there wasn't even a message about 2nd day start but confederates have their 2nd day waypoints, they tried to take cemetry hill & attacked Williams division but after i repulsed their attacks nothing happens again, Geary's divison is still blocked on LTR.
Maybe it's because I'm always pushing END BATTLE&RETURN TO BATTLE buttons (to check confederate losses)?
Last edited by Hotze on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Maybe it's because I'm always pushing END BATTLE&RETURN TO BATTLE buttons (to check confederate losses)?
That's definitely the problem. Once you End Battle and then return, ALL scripting is lost. So, no more messages or additional troops. To check losses in the chain of command select Order of Battle.

SR10 is the sprite ratio, 10 men represented by 1 sprite, this is a performance boost, doesn't affect scripting, just number of troops represented on the field.
Hotze
Reactions:

Post by Hotze »

Thank You!
Corporal Agarn
Reactions:

Post by Corporal Agarn »

Hi
I am having trouble going from day 2 to day 3. I try to begin day 3 but get the message that I have to complete day 2 which I had already done. Any ideas as to how to progress on?

Many thanks
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hi
I am having trouble going from day 2 to day 3. I try to begin day 3 but get the message that I have to complete day 2 which I had already done. Any ideas as to how to progress on?

Many thanks
This thread is for the seven hour full battle version, not the carryover version. Still, to answer your question I must ask...Have you reached the minimum score in day 2 to proceed?

Probably a moot question anyway as I've had some issues with this carryover series and will probably discontinue it with the next upgrade.
Corporal Agarn
Reactions:

Post by Corporal Agarn »

Oops wrong battle thread, exit stage left. However your comment is correct, it was a low score.
thank you