Gettysburg 3Days - New Ground

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
rclark14
Reactions:

Re: Gettysburg 3Days - New Ground

Post by rclark14 »

Ok, cool, the add-ons are in the download section?
SwampRat
Reactions:

Post by SwampRat »

RebBugler,

This, as usual is incredible. I am drained. What a superb job you did!

I took up the challenge to reach the bar. I didn't do it. I couldn't do it.

However, my final report says Difficulty Level 8. I see yours says Difficulty Level 3.

Soooooooooo, :whistle: what's up? B)

S
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

RebBugler,

This, as usual is incredible. I am drained. What a superb job you did!

I took up the challenge to reach the bar. I didn't do it. I couldn't do it.

However, my final report says Difficulty Level 8. I see yours says Difficulty Level 3.

Soooooooooo, :whistle: what's up? B)

S
Difficulty Level 8 is Custom settings so I'm guessing that's equivalent to or above Normal, level 3 difficulty. The posting of the difficulty setting allows for folks to set their own bar on a different difficulty level, so start a Level 8 bar if you wish.

Very glad you enjoyed this scenario, yours is the first 'completed scenario' report so I'm assuming also that your rig handled this GRAND THEATER without a crash or AI burnout while maintaining the default sprite ratio of four to one.

A big thanks for this report! :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
SwampRat
Reactions:

Post by SwampRat »

HI Reb,

Oh, I see. I know so little... :laugh:

I didn't have any trouble but my machine did get slow a couple or three times. I followed your orders to the letter.

This is a work of art and you are the master. You were outstanding in the way the battle developed. I also liked the night. A lot. I just wish it lasted a little longer. Doing it straight through, I kinda got fatigued after hour six. I could have used a longer break! :laugh: You put on one hell of a battle!!!!

There s nothing I didn't like. One thing was I found myself doing though was tending to the care and feeding of my artillery. I got down to commanding by battery - and wagon. There are a lot of batteries. :silly:

Excellent job. Thank you for all your hard work!

S
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

HI Reb,

Oh, I see. I know so little... :laugh:

I didn't have any trouble but my machine did get slow a couple or three times. I followed your orders to the letter.

This is a work of art and you are the master. You were outstanding in the way the battle developed. I also liked the night. A lot. I just wish it lasted a little longer. Doing it straight through, I kinda got fatigued after hour six. I could have used a longer break! :laugh: You put on one hell of a battle!!!!

There s nothing I didn't like. One thing was I found myself doing though was tending to the care and feeding of my artillery. I got down to commanding by battery - and wagon. There are a lot of batteries. :silly:

Excellent job. Thank you for all your hard work!

S
Much Appreciated! :)

Ha, I got the numb hand also, after completing the first scenario the night before, I couldn't stop the next day and went six and a half hours straight to "set the bar".

Concerning the battery management, guess what, there's more. As I'm in the process of building the Union version, I'm finding errors in the Rebel version. One big miss was Walton's artillery corps. So, there's two CSA artillery divisions that will be added with a 'Coming Soon' update included with the addition of the Union version.
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update...Union Full Battle Scenario added
...also fixed some errors and made some minor changes to the CSA version

Although historically based, this USA scenario should prove to be more challenging than previous versions because the Rebel Army will not hesitate to attack the high ground south of Gettysburg toward the end of day one. If they are successful in taking Cemetery Hill and Culps Hill by early day two, Lee's strategy will change.
SPOILER: SHOW
Lutheran Seminary approach, day one...
The attachment LutherenSeminary1.jpg is no longer available
The attachment LutherenSeminary2.jpg is no longer available
The attachment LutherenSeminary3.jpg is no longer available
Some battle shots...
The attachment Melee.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Carnage.jpg is no longer available
Spent weeks on this Rebel offensive, hopefully it will pay off by presenting a challenge for SOW's veteran generals. I have faith it'll stump the less experienced, at least for a while. It's designed historic initially, changing only toward the end of day one as the Rebels aggressively attack the high ground as warned in the 'Spoiler Alert'. Any student of the Battle of Gettysburg knows the Rebels don't stand a chance of victory if they launch their historic strategy. So, call this scenario what you will, I call it another strategy, if the player flounders and allows it to happen. Nevertheless, the Union has superior arms and troop numbers, and any SOW General worth their stars should be able to pull off a Major Victory regardless of Lee's strategy.
Attachments
Carnage.jpg
Carnage.jpg (311.31 KiB) Viewed 455 times
Melee.jpg
Melee.jpg (316.28 KiB) Viewed 455 times
LutherenSeminary3.jpg
LutherenSeminary3.jpg (221.59 KiB) Viewed 455 times
LutherenSeminary2.jpg
LutherenSeminary2.jpg (260.04 KiB) Viewed 455 times
LutherenSeminary1.jpg
LutherenSeminary1.jpg (271.26 KiB) Viewed 455 times
CHSpoiler3.jpg
CHSpoiler3.jpg (323.92 KiB) Viewed 455 times
CHSpoiler2.jpg
CHSpoiler2.jpg (297.47 KiB) Viewed 455 times
CHSpoiler1.jpg
CHSpoiler1.jpg (285.97 KiB) Viewed 455 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asid
Reactions:

Post by Asid »

Thank you for making this RebBugler :)

I look forward to giving it a try.

Regards
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Es1u0o.jpg[/img]
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying
benway9
Reactions:

Post by benway9 »

Hi Reb,

I just downloaded and ran the US version of New Ground. It looks and plays great, but I happened to notice that Calef's battery is hidden at the beginning of the battle and never appears. I played through several hours of game time and he never showed up. Is this intentional? Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing some special rule regarding that battery.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Pete
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hi Reb,

I just downloaded and ran the US version of New Ground. It looks and plays great, but I happened to notice that Calef's battery is hidden at the beginning of the battle and never appears. I played through several hours of game time and he never showed up. Is this intentional? Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing some special rule regarding that battery.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Pete
That's a battlescript error, line 44 column 3 should read Ashowunit, not showunit, affecting Buford's division. Sorry about that! Hopefully you can fix that for fast replay but regardless I'll get an updated, fixed version up within the next hour.
Thanks for the report. :)

Edit: Done, updated with fix
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benway9
Reactions:

Post by benway9 »

Thanks Reb. I just installed the new file and it appears the situation with Calef's battery has been resolved. However, I did notice two new issues, that I can only assume are related.

First of all, Devin's Brigade individual regiments are never "released", ie. they are never able to receive direct orders, they remain as they start the game. Devin is movable and his units will respond to his brigade orders, but they cannot be given any orders as separate regiments.

Secondly, the 3rd brigade of Buford's 1st Cavalry Division, Merritt's brigade, is now immediately available to accept orders at the beginning of the game. It's my understanding that they are normally scheduled to arrive at the field on either the 2nd or 3rd day.

I haven't gotten any further than this, if I notice anything else I'll let you know. I'm so far loving the new 3-Day scenario.

thanks Reb

Pete