Gettysburg Tour

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
privatewilley
Reactions:

Re:Gettysburg Tour

Post by privatewilley »

Amish John, You won't be disappointed!
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

Little Powell wrote:
Also, now when you cycle through your commanders using the arrow keys, the camera no longer moves around the map to find them, it stays put.. One of my favorite new features... thanks to... yours truly... cough cough, wink wink, nudge nudge..

I noticed that... You da man! If you don't mind, can you tell us what other improvements that we may have missed?
Last edited by privatewilley on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Mike,

One option that we were talking about for the toolbar, is to have it change whenever you just put your mouse over the buttons, rather than having to click on them. I've mentioned this to a bunch of people and no one really takes on it. Maybe I have to code it to see if it works or not. But it might be something that makes the gui nicer for you.

Norb
Armchair General
Reactions:

Post by Armchair General »

norb wrote:
Mike,

One option that we were talking about for the toolbar, is to have it change whenever you just put your mouse over the buttons, rather than having to click on them. I've mentioned this to a bunch of people and no one really takes on it. Maybe I have to code it to see if it works or not. But it might be something that makes the gui nicer for you.

Norb
Not actually having played the game, I may be misunderstanding you, but I don't think that'd work out so well, because anytime the player would move his mouse over a command, it would issue that command. The problem being what if the player was just scrolling over the button...?
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Speaking of the toolbar, has anyone considered allowing the brigade commander's (which is the level I most enjoy) have a marching option that would allow the Battalions (Regiments) to move in a "Column of Brigades" (I forget the correct command) with one behind the other in open terrain as is done when "road marching" rather then spreading out?

Thanks for the consideration.

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
privatewilley
Reactions:

Post by privatewilley »

Norb, I was praising you guys for the new Lie down command... Silly me, the lie down command was added to TCM2. What was I thinking? :laugh:
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Armchair General wrote:
Not actually having played the game, I may be misunderstanding you, but I don't think that'd work out so well, because anytime the player would move his mouse over a command, it would issue that command. The problem being what if the player was just scrolling over the button...?
There are 3 sets of toolbar buttons. You must click another button to switch sets. The idea was that these switching buttons would be activated on mouse over rather than click.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

cliffy wrote:
Norb, I was praising you guys for the new Lie down command... Silly me, the lie down command was added to TCM2. What was I thinking? :laugh:
It's just delayed praise.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

norb wrote:
Little Powell wrote:
Also, now when you cycle through your commanders using the arrow keys, the camera no longer moves around the map to find them, it stays put.. One of my favorite new features... thanks to... yours truly... cough cough, wink wink, nudge nudge.. :laugh:
It's an option, before I hear the complaints :)
Indeed. It's always good to give the player the option on features like that. :)

Cliffy - You wanted to know of more features; another one is the Go To Unit button. Which ever unit you have selected, you can hit a button the the tool bar and it takes you directly to that unit. No more searching around the map for the commander you have selected. This works well hand & hand with the last feature I mentioned. You can cycle through your commanders without the camera jumping around, then hit "Go To Unit" to focus on that commander. Very convenient. :)
IronBMike
Reactions:

Post by IronBMike »

Kerflumoxed wrote:
Speaking of the toolbar, has anyone considered allowing the brigade commander's (which is the level I most enjoy) have a marching option that would allow the Battalions (Regiments) to move in a "Column of Brigades" (I forget the correct command) with one behind the other in open terrain as is done when "road marching" rather then spreading out?

Thanks for the consideration.

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
I like this idea.
CWGII -> SMG -> SMA -> WNLB -> ANGV -> TC -> TC2M -> SOW