Linking battles?

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
sgtredleg
Reactions:

Linking battles?

Post by sgtredleg »

Sorry if this has been brought up before.
A few years ago I was playing Civil War Generals 2. One featue of the game that I REALLY liked was being able to link battles together to build campaigns. It even allowed transitioning to different theaters. This option allowed you to build upon your battle performance (good or bad) to fight the entire Civil War in an uninterrupted chain of battles and campaigns.
As good as TCM2 is I did miss that option.
So how about your new game Norb, will it provide us CW gamers with a similar feature?
Anyhow, I can hardly wait for the game. Thanks for your work guys!
norb
Reactions:

Re:Linking battles?

Post by norb »

There will not be any campaign features in the initial game release.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

sounds like if you did, the game would be a monster :) :woohoo: :ohmy: :side: :dry: :blush: :laugh: ;) :P B) :S :silly: :angry: :X :pinch: :evil: B) :)
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

We have to get it out sometime. Campaign game is mostly designed. But our main feature in this version is multiplayer.

There will be carryover scenarios in this game, so that is using the linked battle technology. But it's not a real campaign, or not close to what I want to do with it.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

norb wrote:
We have to get it out sometime. Campaign game is mostly designed. But our main feature in this version is multiplayer.

There will be carryover scenarios in this game, so that is using the linked battle technology. But it's not a real campaign, or not close to what I want to do with it.
I realize that updates/patches/downloads created after a game first hits the streets usually are free and much appreciated.

What I am proposing is an add on that would cost extra ( let's say a campaign theme). A work that is too much to give away, but not enough to release another game and would broaden an existing game immensely. Does this idea sound too far out of the realm of your marketing?

Sooner or later your development team is going to move onto another (labor of love) project, the current one taking approximately three years, I was just thinking of ways to satisfy fan appetite till your next release, to keep the momentim going and not langwish in a dead zone for an extened period of time.:unsure:
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Our plan is to get the base game out there. Then we'll patch the bugs and decide what smaller features we are going to put in patches. When we have enough big features and decide on new content, we'll do some expansions. War3DII is the base, and everything we do will be working on that and making it better.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

norb wrote:
Our plan is to get the base game out there. Then we'll patch the bugs and decide what smaller features we are going to put in patches.
Bugs, what bugs, we won't have no stinkin' bugs!! We testers will find them all!!!

Well....maybe not all of them, but 99% of them.:)
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Sometimes I feel like Grasshopper after a Chow Lin Monk has given him food for thought, then being placated with the words; "Be patiant my young grasshopper.", the rest I can't remember, however at the end of each epidsode there was enlightenment. What was name of the program? I forgot. Guess that means there's still room for learning.:side:
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
gray100
Reactions:

Post by gray100 »

Got to admit CWG2 was a favourite of mine for many years purely for the campaign mode. However if the whole gettysburg campaign can be done that would be karma for me.

gray
ironsight
Reactions:

Post by ironsight »

estabu Wrote:Bugs, what bugs, we won't have no stinkin' bugs!! We testers will find them all!!!
Hey man, as i understand JC and now apparently YOU are testers now!:blink:
You testers DO KNOW and should prepare yourselves for a lot a SH_T if the game is buggier than hell!:laugh: :laugh:

Norb, how about a list of all the testers?:silly:
Honest:dry: , we all won't harass em if the bug list exceeds a few pages! :silly: :laugh: :laugh:
Last edited by ironsight on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.