What would be needed for WSS mod

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

What would be needed for WSS mod

Post by Gunfreak »

You know besides uniforms ect.

The cav behaved much the same, only need is for dragoons (they behaved much like acw cav)
Infantry would need deeper formations, 3 rank is fine for british and allies, french and allies preferd 5 rank.

British and allies used platoon fire, whilr french and allies used rankfire.

Infantry could form square but rarely did so. They moved in line.
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Re: What would be needed for WSS mod

Post by Gran Capitán »

Last edited by Gran Capitán on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Post by Gunfreak »

Very interesting! How is the cav handled, i assume slot of coding has gone into it?
pakfront
Reactions:

Post by pakfront »

The AI guys may correct me, but there is currently no support for dismounting cavalry. That said, the AI is now mod-able!
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

A very big lot of coding has gone into the NW cavalry. The cavalry for this game will not dismount and in fact there are no dismounted cavalry sprites for WL. You will have to figure some workaround for that one.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Cavalry didn't dismount in the War of the Spanish Succession either, at least not as a tactical tool on the battlefield, so no worries. If you wanted dismounted dragoons, just field them as infantry, since their horses can be assumed to have been left in the rear with the baggage. They'd fight as normal close order troops, not as skirmishers which were unknown in this period in Europe.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.