Trans-Mississippi Map Pack

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Mazikainen
Reactions:

Re: Trans-Mississippi Map Pack

Post by Mazikainen »

It's a time consuming process then?
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Counting the actual work, testing the upgrade, rebuilding various files, building the installer, testing the installer. . . .

A one letter fix in the code can take a month to get out to you. We would rather spend the month working on new features for new releases.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Col. Manning
Reactions:

Post by Col. Manning »

I used to wish for new water on the old maps, but you make an excellent point, Jim. Spend the R&D time on the new releases.
Mazikainen
Reactions:

Post by Mazikainen »

..or give the job to the community and let it happen as an optional mod. No need for quality assurance with community generated content :P
rudy
Reactions:

Post by rudy »

I had been following this threat with great anticipation, and it is saddening to read the posts from 2nd TX and think that he is no longer alive.

"had a few personal issues along the way".

Very sad.
davidb1986
Reactions:

Post by davidb1986 »

I had been following this threat with great anticipation, and it is saddening to read the posts from 2nd TX and think that he is no longer alive.

"had a few personal issues along the way".

Very sad.
I must of missed something what happened to 2nd Texas?
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
davidb1986
Reactions:

Post by davidb1986 »

that sucks!!! I love his maps!!! So I take it the Trans Mississippi mod won't be released???
4thMissInf.Co.F
Reactions:

Post by 4thMissInf.Co.F »

Sir, the Prairie Grove from above with RebBugler, too, is here:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... e-released
My Ancestors:

-James Neely Vance, Pvt, 4th Mississippi Infantry, Company F "Sons Of The South", Army of Mississippi, Army of Tennessee
-William Harrison "Hash" Mabry, Pvt, 31st Mississippi Infantry, Company H, and 8th Mississippi Cavalry, Company D, N.B. Forrests Cavalry

Forever UNRECONSTRUCTED!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

The entire group of the Red River Campaign maps promised will be released in time. We're presently working on several other projects and when time permits these will be thoroughly tested, spruced up with some extras, and released. We'll make Texas John proud we guarantee it.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...